Religious Education (R.E)
Intent for R.E
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds, Healthy Futures.
In Religious Education at Norman Pannell we believe that engaging R.E lessons will challenge our pupils' mindsets to see the world through the eyes of others. We celebrate different ways of thinking and promote acceptance and tolerance of other people's beliefs that may be different to our own.
Implementation for R.E:
We do the following in order to deliver our curriculum in R.E:
- Use the Twinkl overview as a guide to support with planning and progression.
- Ensure that lessons are engaging and offer opportunities for children to learn about a range of different religions.
- R.E is taught 1 lesson every week from Years 1 - 6. EYFS plan for different religions across the year linked to festivals etc.
- R.E links extremely well with SMSC and PSHE, where children have to explore their emotions spiritually and develop empathy for life in modern Britain.
- Assessment and moderation is covered through short assessments at the end of each unit. Book scrutinies and pupil voice demonstrate progression across the years. Children also gain enrichment through religious visitors coming into school and school trips linked to religions covered at different points through the year.
Key documents for implementation: