In the event of school closure or self-isolation
We will be using the website to provide activities and practical work for Reception children to access if they are to stay at home. In the Early Years, learning is done through play and real experiences.
Below there will be some links to: phonics, reading, maths, handwriting and just some fun things to do when not at school....
* Your child will know the phonics group they are in and it would be useful if you could ask them to read the words for that 'Phase'.
* If your child could also practise writing their name and also 0-20 every day, correcting their formation if necessary!
* I will attach a home recipe for making playdoh too (it is very easy!) as with this your child can practise their fine motor skills, needed for things such as handwriting.
please sign up for Oxford Owl as it is a free resource that will allow your child to read books at home.
It is free to sign up ~ here are the instructions
Oxford Owl For Home
Free ebooks for 3-11
Your child with either be a 'Pink' or 'Red' Book band!
Welcome to our Reception Class
In our Reception class you will find the teachers called Miss Gold and the Learning Support Assistants are Miss Ashley and Miss Sarah. We are very excited to get to know the Reception class and continuing our Learning Journey!
Please look at the Reception door, the website and Twitter for updates that you may need.
* Please don't forget your £1 snack/baking money every week.
* Please remember to bring in book bags every day.
Welcome to Reception in Norman Pannell Primary School where we love to learn both indoors and outdoors. We have lots of opportunities to learn through active play, investigations, stories and visits.
We strive to ignite children's curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, building capacity, to learn, build relationships and thrive. Below is an outline of what your child will be learning in Reception over the year. Please note that these can change depending on the interests of the children!
If you have any questions, news or worries then please do not hesitate to speak to one of the Reception Team.