Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to inform you that, as things stand, we are unable to open the school site tomorrow for health and safety reasons. We currently have no running water at school due to a fault in the boiler room / water system, which occurred on Friday. So far, we have not been able to have the issue resolved during the bank holiday weekend as expected. I have informed the Local Authority and taken advice - we are not able to safely open the site until this issue has been resolved and running water is restored.
Please make alternative arrangements for looking after your child(ren) tomorrow. If contractors can attend later today or very early tomorrow and solve the problem, we will assess the situation and open to the children whose classes were due to be open: Nursery, Reception, Y1, Y2 and Y6.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this causes, but clearly have to take the decision to follow H&S guidance for everybody's wellbeing. I will update you on this matter as soon as possible.
Reminder: due to teacher strike action, Y3, Y4 and Y5 are NOT in school tomorrow, regardless of the safety issue described above.
Mr. R. Simpson