As you may have read in our recent Ofsted inspection report, one of our key targets as a school is to increase the rate of attendance. This is a difficult area to improve as it needs the teamwork of children, staff and importantly, parents. Working together, we can raise attendance at an individual, class and whole school level.
- The government would like schools to achieve an average attendance of at least 97%.
- By the end of this school year, we would like to improve our attendance to over 95%.
- Individually, we class attendance in 5 different colour-coded categories:
- GREEN - 100% - Perfect attendance – not a single day or half day absent
- GREEN - More than 95% - Good Attendance
- YELLOW - 90 – 95% - Low attendance - need to improve
- PINK - 85 – 90% - Very low attendance in need of rapid improvement - danger of persistent absence. Meeting with school pastoral team to discuss reasons / possible support
- RED - Less than 85% - Persistent absence, possible future intervention of Education Welfare Officer (EWO) if no rapid improvement, depending on reasons
Parents will receive a colour coded letter each half term to inform you of your child's attendance. Children who have 100% attendance for each half term will take part in a special /treat or activity.